Wednesday 30 September 2009

Locations - architecture - Tom Fletcher




I have always found buildings and architecture fascinating. Different angles and lighting can totally alter the building which is why I love experimenting with colour. I love the effect black and white has on a photograph. I altered my own image of the Eiffel Tower to black and white and I like the cloudy effect it creates.
I recently visited Paris and Madrid which are both cities full of intreguing architecture and building work. I was also lucky enough to visit Barcelona which is one of my favourite cities. Every building, from a local shop to a museum, has intricate detail which is very interesting to photograph.
Tom Fletcher has taken many photographs of New York's architecture. I love all of his photgraphs; the way he uses lighting, colour and angles to create intruguing pieces. Some of his most inspirational photographs for my own work are shown above.