Wednesday 23 September 2009

Location - Snow scene - Stieglitz and Godwin


The two images above were taken by Fay Godwin. I have tried to capture strong lines within my photographs as she has done in her images.

I was inspired by Alfred Stieglitz and Fay Godwin to photograph a variety of snow scenes on a recent skiing holiday to the French Alps. Stieglitz and Godwin are very different photographers, using different techniques and styles, yet I find both of their images quite captivating so I decided to use aspects from each of their work. I like the snow scene Alfred Stieglitz captures in a certain image and the strong lines formed by roadways and rivers in a number of Fay's photographs. I have attempted to use the same ideas within my own work. Their images are shown above.
Click on the 'Flickr' logo on my blog profile page to view more of my images like the ones below.